Layer Isolate in Viewports

insight design

Hello,

I'm using Autocad 2011 and I have a strange problem...

When I'm working in a viewport in paper space, I isolate a layer, work on it, then unisolate it, CAD will automatically turn off (with the lightbulb) all the other layers that I'm not using in that current viewport. This means that every time I'm done editing a certain viewport, I have to go back to my model space, and turn back on all the rest of the layers in my drawing (with the lightbulb) so I can work in a different viewport with different layers. Is this just a bug in my version? or is there some way to stop this? It's getting really irritating! haha

K

Are you working in paper space or are you working in model space through a paper space viewport? I do not have any problems with isolating and unisolating layers.

What commands are you using?

I'm working in model space through a paper space viewport. I'm just using the button that says "isolate" (layiso) and "unisolate" (layuniso)

I've never had this problem either but I just got a new computer and version of CAD so maybe it's just a bug with mine only? I hope not though, it's a rather unfortunately large bug to have!

Thanks! :)

K

Ive attached 3 screen shots.

1. showing what my model space usually looks like- lots of layers

2. the "before layiso" screen shot

3. the "after layiso" screen shot.

I'm not sure if this will help you at all though. Thanks!

MODEL SPACE- REGULAR.jpg

AFTER LAYISO.jpg

PAPER SPACE REGULAR.jpg