replace tiles in building with photoshop

ahyin

Dear all,

Does anyone know photoshop have this function or not. I have image it have already have some tiles on the wall, Now I have a new tiles want to replace the existing one. In photoshop have function like 3DS MAX mapping or not, then I can apply materials on the the wall. Because the image have perspective view.

Thanks !

Can you post an image so we can see what you're trying to do?

Is your image file a .psd with layers or is it flattened?

thanks, attached imags in bath room,i want to replace the wall brick to new tile.

The image in jpg without layer and it is flattened.

images.jpg

tiles.jpg

I'm not an experton Photoshop, although it should be possible (althoguh not easy if you don't have much experience with PS). The hard bit is getting the lighting/shadows at the top of the shower right, as well as retaining the water from the showerhead.

It is probably easier (and will look better) to just rerender it.

Photoshop can do a lot of things, but it can't perform miracles. An image like that, with water coming down and shower fixtures and the lighting & shadows, etc., it will be very difficult to do. If you had a .psd file, with layers, it would be easier, but since you just have a jpg image it will be a very labor intensive process to switch out the tile.

• 9 months later...

Just spotted this thread but love a challenge. This would be very difficult to do but if I was to have a go I would tile the tiles so I have enough to fill a wall then transform - warp them onto position and reduce the opacity then delete the tiles around all the metalwork. Huge task and the water spray will be lost as would the lighting at said above, lots of dodge and burn to get it back. Very difficult this one.