Bold text problems, again

Its that old chestnut again, some text displaying bold some not.

I have a layout with numerous plot numbers, they have there own layer, they have a consistent style and height but display differently. According to properties the only thing that varies is their content and x,y location. It should be a 2d dwg but i have had 'issues'.

They have consistent layer properties, linetypes, weights, the font isnt bold, colour etc.

I have tried flatten, flatz, specifying them at a significant height and then bringing them down again, match properties which interestingly will make narrow text bold but not the other way, setting Z to 0.000000000001 etc. I tried dview, point etc and nothing has made any difference.

Something from this list usually works but not this time, anyone have any ideas?

Sorry, slight update, i just tried flatz individually on them and it worked on some but not all. It wouldnt do it to any when applied to all

Post the drawing if possible, but my best guess is that some of the text was created on a different UCS. I'm not sure there's a fix for that other than re-creating on the proper UCS.

The drawing was produced in autocad 2009. It x refs outside surveys, 3rd party drawings though and I couldnt say what version they were produced in.

One other issue I had, was which might be related, was that new drawing elements were snapping to survey info etc that had a Z height. In 'options' I keep applying 'replace Z value with current elevation' and at some point it is being unapplied again.

In response to Nestly's post, I have not deliberately changed the UCS, if thats something that can easily be done accidentally then maybe? as mentioned above I have had issues with this drawing creeping out of 2D and unusually have in the past looked at it in isometric and right hand views to see what is going on but I have not added any text in these views.

Ahem, my profile clearly needs updating!

Definately Autocad 2009

It isn't clear to me. I can do many things, but reading minds across the internet I have not mastered YET.

Try creating a button with this Macro.

^C^C_UCS;;_move _all;;0,0,1e99;;_move _all;;0,0,-1e99;;_chprop;_all;;_thickness;0;;^M;