Changing the names of multiple blocks in a DWG

Veigas

I've been given about 14 DWGs from another company all on different discs. Each DWG is a page to a set of Shop Drawings. All objects are in model space. I want to combine all of them into one drawing but every drawing has similar block names with different objects associated with the block and when I copy the objects from one drawing to antoher, the blocks morph into the exisiting block, if that makes sense. Just a poor initial set up.

Anyway, the solution to this, I have found, is to rename the blocks in each drawing to have room numbers on the ends, giving them unique names and avoiding the "morph" upon inserting. I have about 15 blocks per drawings to add -XX with XX being 01-14. Is there an easy way to modify them or do I need to do the RENAME command as many times as needed in each drawing? Is there another solution to this that I may be missing? If you don't understand this problem, I can explain further. Thanks.

Interesting solution, nestly, but you would have to use the "Bind" option because that renames the blocks. The "Insert" option does not.