Dynamic Block Reference itself

autorestorer

I have created a Dynamic BLock, when I insert it I get the Block References itself error. I renamed the file to a different name than the block, I didn't get the error message, but the dynamic properties are not there. Has anyone had this problem?

I don't have any links to redirect you to, but I would suggest you look at the names in your block. If you have a nested block with the same name as the one you've just created, that could be causing your problem.

What happens if you insert the block into a new blank DWG? Perhaps your current drawing contains another block with a nest of the one you're inserting, and visa-versa. Thus generating a self-referencing block due to the new redefined version.

Unfortunately without a sample of what happens we can't really say for sure, there's just too many possibilities. If you can attach the problem block, we might be able to figure out exactly what's going wrong.

SPOOL CALLOUT.dwgThis is the block I am having trouble with. I put it in the tool palette, and it worked fine, but the attribute only works with a dialog box. I tried using a new drawing and still get the same error "Block SPOOL CALLOUT references itself

*Invalid*". I can insert it into the same Spool Callout dwg without any issues.

as expected, you have a block called Spool Callout within a drawing of the same name.

This will not work for direct insert. Either explode the block within the parent drawing (not easy with this block) or WBLOCK it to a new file.

Palettes work slightly different. They pull blocks from within drawings rather than the drawing itself. You need to insert the working block into another drawing (call it symbols if you like) and then drag the block from that drawing on to your palette.

Yep your DWG file should not contain the block itself. Your DWG file should BE the block - I.E. you WBLock the blockname to a file of the same name, NOT a selection of a reference of that block. If you don't want to make a DWG file of each Block in turn, only then do you place a reference of all the blocks you want grouped into one file into that file. You can either do so by copy-n-paste a selection into a new drawing, or using WBlock but selecting multiple blocks at once.

As sample, your DWG file should have been like this:SPOOL CALLOUT.dwg