Changing the Distance Between Two Objects

I'm an electrical engineer. I'm using AutoCad LT 2007, so I understand I may not be able to do this.

I have two object, such as circles, and they are a certain distance apart. It does not matter. I have an object/text between them that does not fit between them. I cannot scale the inside object as it has to be the same size as the others of it's kind. I would like to take the two circles and put a greater distance between them. In other words I want there distance to go from, say, 5 units to 10 units without moving the center point of the two objects. I was thinking something similar to: select the two objects, select the midpoint of the two objects, and enter the command to change the distance between them. Almost like a stretch command out from a center point, but with two objects. I can find the center point of the two objects, that's no problem. If you need more clarification let me know.

This is the way I do it now, and I'm trying to find a quicker way to improve my AutoCad skills. Select the object on the right and move it right a certain distance, then select the left object and move it left the same distance. It works, it's just slow.

Thanks for the help.

,Scott

Since LT doesn't support Autolisp, I don't know of any way to do that in LT07 besides what you are doing. If you were in the full version, one of the lisp gurus could write a program to do that pretty quick i think.

@Nestly The result I was looking for would resemble #2. That is a good example.

@Jack_O'neill I was expecting that, but I figured there is no harm in asking.