DWG to PDF.pc3 transparency and general quality?

peprgb

Hi,

Using autocad 2011 i have Plot transparency checked, i see an image transparent in Preview window but after plotting the pdf is not transparent... using PDF Creator is not problem, dont understand what is happen.

Apart from that, im increasinf Raster dpi to 4800dpi in Custom properties of DWGtoDPF printer and the image quality is more than bad, the file size is same as with default settings for the printer...?¿ For vector cant say the same, the quality is fantastic.

I would appreciate any tips on this, should i use PDF creator, CutePDF or another app to generate my pdfs?

Best regards,

Hi peprgb,

I use CutePDF and the Transparency shows just fine. Although i now uncheck the Plot Transparency as it was making some of the drawing files to big / taking a long time to plot & also found that it was effecting some of the other linetypes.

Its a nice command but i limit its use wherever possible.

Cheers

yep, i will use external printers like PDF creator, the transparency works fine and the image quality is higher. Dont remember now how i used in the past the DWGtopdf for good quality results... :(

thanks!!