Creating fields for a Title block

Leek0421

I am trying to create fields for a title block and then link them to a sheet set. I want to use my title block as a x-ref and not a block. Everytime i try to create attributes for it and then use the command Battman then it says there are not attributes created. I am now at a stand still on how to creat fields for my sheets and then link them to my sheet set.

Another option is to create the fields linked to the SS, then wblock them out to a separate drawing.

Then for each drawing, xref in the border/title block and insert the block of fields.

How do I create the fields linked to the sheet set?

Open a drawing that is part of the sheet set.

Create a field and select the appropriate field name.

See the image below. Note that I selected "CurrentSheetNumber", and the sheet number is retrieved in the upper right part of the dialog.

The key to this is to be working in a sheet that is part of the sheet set, even if you have to make a dummy sheet and remove it later.

ssmfield.png

Open a drawing that is part of the sheet set.

Create a field and select the appropriate field name.

See the image below. Note that I selected "CurrentSheetNumber", and the sheet number is retrieved in the upper right part of the dialog.

The key to this is to be working in a sheet that is part of the sheet set, even if you have to make a dummy sheet and remove it later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29884[/ATTACH]

Will this work for custom field names.

Like if i were to put in the lable Drawn By and then accorse from it name

Will this work for custom field names.

Like if i were to put in the lable Drawn By and then accorse from it name

Yes, but only if you are working in a drawing that is part of the sheet set.

If not, the custom fields will not show up in the drop down list and you would have to type in the exact same string. See image again.

ssmfield2.png

Thank you for this information it has helped me out alot. My only problem now is that CAD is putting my fields in a different order then i created them. It's not that big of a deal but how do i fix that.

My only problem now is that CAD is putting my fields in a different order then i created them. It's not that big of a deal but how do i fix that.

Do you mean the order in the drop down? IIRC, they are in alphabetical order. We prefix some of ours with a number like 1_Top, 2_Middle, 3_Bottom, etc.

Do you mean the order in the drop down? IIRC, they are in alphabetical order. We prefix some of ours with a number like 1_Top, 2_Middle, 3_Bottom, etc.

Thanks i just did that. I appriecate the help