Cut and Paste Block

I've always been using ctrl-C (or X) and ctrl+shift-V for pasting quick blocks. I know it has been warned against in the past, but I've never had a problem until now.

Typically it has made the insertion point the lower left area of all the entities copied. Now I have a file that when I copy the objects and paste, the insertion point is approximately X:200ft y:600ft from the objects. I pasted those same objects into a new file and the same thing.

insertion.dwg

I see nothing wrong with that method. Who warned you and why?

Maybe you "thought" you picked the lower left-hand corner of the entity when you copied it?

Just curious. When you use the INSERT command (yes, I know this is slightly off-subject, please bear with me) do you check off the box for Insertion Point that reads "Specify on-screen"?

I see nothing wrong with that method. Who warned you and why?

I've read that it loses accuracy, though I've never found that.
Maybe you "thought" you picked the lower left-hand corner of the entity when you copied it?

It picks lower left by default. I think if it's a rectangle it picks the intersection. If it's a group of entities it's rougly the lower left of all entities.

Agree with Remark...... try using ctrl-shift-c to copy with base point its much more effective

Yes, I forgot about that. That will work for this file, as the problem only seems to be this one file.

I use the same method for effeciency as well, perhaps you have an issue with your units qball?

Units haven't changed. It's copying and pasting within the same file.

Actually, after looking at it, I think it may have used your 0,0 for basepoint insertion.

It seems regardless of what I pick on the drawing, it creates the insertion point approximately x:200ft y:-600ft

Just curious. When you use the INSERT command (yes, I know this is slightly off-subject, please bear with me) do you check off the box for Insertion Point that reads "Specify on-screen"?

Yes to specify on screen. All files. Nothing that I know of is unique about my settings for this drawing.

perhaps you have a rogue node or some other entity that isnt visible but still registered as part of the block, causing mayham with your insertion.

It happens no matter what objects I select. I've saved the file again (the previous "insertion.dwg" didn't have the problem because it was Wblocked out).

So I'm still curious as the reason.

However, I don't need to waste anyone's time because I have the ctrl+shift workaround.

But I Wblocked all the objects to a new file and that resolved it.

insertion.dwg