Can you change multiple sheet plot settings at the same time?

rwhitt0724

I have a file with over 20 sheet layouts and they are not set to the correct plotter. Is there a way I can change all sheets to one plotter at one time? Rather than setting up a print and clicking the "Apply To Layout" tab 25 times? I tried a LISP command that I got off of this link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Land-Desktop/How-to-change-plot-device-on-multiple-layout-tabs/td-p/1777705

(Post 4 of 4, I did not try the LISP command in post 2 of 4 because I honestly have no idea what any of it means.)

I was able to get the LISP command to work to the point of where I type the command "psetup" in AutoCAD, but when I tried typing in my setup name I got this error:

psetup

specify pagesetup to apply: setup1

[All/Current]apply pagesestup to which layout(s) : all

; error: no function definition: VLAX-GET-ACAD-OBJECT

I have no idea what that means either. Does anyone have any other suggestions or fixes?

What is really bad is that I bounce between 2 offices. The offices have the same printer but since you can't have 2 printers named the same on 1 computer (my computer), I had to name them different so even if I apply my layout settings at 1 location, I still can not publish at the other. :reallymad:

Ok, I have the article about this revised LISP command but does it matter where exactly I insert that modification in to the LISP code? Or just anywhere near the top?

• 5 years later...