DWG to PDF

cat ryan

I am starting to have an issue with pdf conversion, hope you can help.

When I convert a dwg to pdf with three drawings one or two seem to blow the scale of lines and images (they seem to appear at a very low res or scale), even with the line thickness at 0.05 and high res image. But it does not seem to be consistant as the third of the three will publish ok.

If I go into another drawing created from the previous i don't have the problem? it just seems random.

I have not altered any setting.

Thanks in anticipation of help.

cR

autocad 2006 and CS3

Update: Just redrawn the whole thing and symptom has gone! it seems to be some problem where the adobe/pdf converts the dwg information. any clues?

cR

Do you plot the drawing using Autocads plot function... "DWG to PDF"? or are you just converting it in adobe?

I always, always use DWG to PDF plotter in autocad, for numerous reasons, but mostly for the simple fact that its always done the job correctly. If your not using it, try it out, and let me know, if you are using the function post, and let me know... start trouble shooting from there.

Have the image, yes this is the set up although my setting is adobe PDF where yours is set to DWG to PDF pc3 which when I scroll down i do not have

cr

Well it's been working for me over the last few years, just command "appload" and then chosen the drivers from adobe autocad 2006 file!

It's just within the last couple

of

days

this has occured.

Sphiinx, being independant means that I just cannot afford all these upgrades (violins playing in the background;))

Do you plot the drawing using Autocads plot function... "DWG to PDF"? or are you just converting it in adobe?

I always, always use DWG to PDF plotter in autocad, for numerous reasons, but mostly for the simple fact that its always done the job correctly. If your not using it, try it out, and let me know, if you are using the function post, and let me know... start trouble shooting from there.

Although I have Adobe Pro, the AutoDesk plot to *.pdf works best. I gave up using Adobe when plotting to *.pdf.

Good answer Spiinx!