PDF plot problems

Veigas

I am having a problem with plotting PDFs. We thought it was just a certain file but I just plotted something else from a a different PDF and am having the same problem.

This is an explanation of the problem. I have a 30 page set of drawings...

1. Page 1 plots, cuts off some of the bottom right border.

2. Reprint of Page 1. Page 1 is fine.

3. Page 2 plots. Page 2 is fine.

4. Page 3 comes out, only has about 1/4 of the drawing plotted.

5. Reprint of Page 1. Page 1 is fine.

6. Reprint of Page 2. Page 2 is fine.

7. Reprint of Page 3. Page 3 is fine

...etc etc.

It will go one like this, reprinting pages after failing to print another.

I've done some research online but can't seem to find anything useful.

Also note that these were downloaded from different FTP sites. These were not created by my company. The two drawings that have done this are from 2 different companies. Also, CAD does not do this.

I am using Adobe 9.0, Hp designjet 800ps plotter. Drivers are up to date, firmware is up to date.

Any advice? Can provide more info as needed.

I don't have access to the CAD files so can't do that. I'll try to uninstall Adobe, might be a corrupt file or something.

EDIT: I guess this isn't a CAD problem but you guys are my best bet at figuring it out lol

You may have a mix of imperial and metric paper sizes, and be the victim of someone who doesn't have enough sense to set up his page in the cad drawings properly. You may also have some small bit of geometry sitting off out there somewhere away from the actual drawing. You can either go through them one at a time and fix those errors, or if having them be to a particular scale is not important, you can check the "fit to page" box. Even then, if there is even a point setting outside the title block, it will make it screw up.