constrains cmd verses java applet for Geometry educating softwares

khoshravan

This question may not be related directly to this Forum but probably somebody might have the knowledge to answer.

Please have a look at following site.

http://www.cut-the-knot.org/Curriculum/Geometry/Griffiths.shtml

It teaches geometry with animation embedded to drawing. You can drag points with small circles. Drawing and all related objects will change accordingly. This is very nice and fantastic looking from education stand point of view.

I want to build something similar. At first I thought it is possible to construct something similar with aid of “constrain” in AutoCAD but it is not easy.

I want to know in which programming language they are programmed. And where can I get related information (in beginner’s level) to start learning. Apparently it is java language as mentioned in index page but I am wondering how the author does it with java.

Yeah, that is a java applet. If you wanted to make something like that you really need to learn java (I think Python may also have a library to convert to java applets though if you know python already) which is no easy task and will take you a while to become proficient enough to create an applet like that.

Yeah, that is a java applet. If you wanted to make something like that you really need to learn java (I think Python may also have a library to convert to java applets though if you know python already) which is no easy task and will take you a while to become proficient enough to create an applet like that.

I also asked the author of that site and he said Geogebra software (Geogebra.org) can do the same task.

I am not familiar with Java so I think it is better for me to stick to Geogebra which is easier.

Thanks for your comments.