Linear dimensions on 3D blocks

I have a problem regarding linear dimensions on 3D blocks.

I create a set of 3D blocks and add linear dimensions to these in paperspace. When I want to edit a block the line origin of the linear dimension loses its original set point and I have to spend a lot of time changing the annotations in paperspace.

Am I using the wrong type of annotative dimensions or have I chosen the wrong angle to add dimentions to my blocks altogether?

I would very much appreciate your help!

/Christian

Annotative dimensions would normally be placed in model space not in paper space. Might you be thinking of the feature referred to as making dimensions associative ?

Hi ReMark

Thanks for a fast response.

I have tried to put the dimensions in model space but the result is the same. The linear dimension is associative, but still, after i changed the block the line origin jumps to a random new setpoint.

The only thing I can recommend at the moment is to go back into model space, use Annotative Scaling as it pertains to your dimensions, make sure your UCS is 1) oriented properly and 2) the origin is on the object being dimensioned and definitely use your Osnaps when picking on your geometry. Then let's see what happens.