"page setup" Plotting issues with other computers

Jessica28

I am having problems with “page setup” in autocad 2012…The other computers are either running autocad 2012 or 2011..We are all on a network…We all have the Oce installed off the network…Someone will make the “page setup”…One of us will open the drawing and the page setup sticks..…Someone else opens it and it will say none…Another person would open it and the Oce will be there but the paper size would be wrong….What could cause this?...We have had some changes to the network over the past month..Servers were moved…Drivers were updated….But I know we can all print to the Oce…Its just the “page setup” That doesn’t hold….If I do need to check out server locations of drivers or other stuff on other peoples machines, where do I start?

Start with the Options, Support file tab and the "Printer Support Files Path" section. If you are saving the PC3 file(s) to a local location (default) then copy it to each workstation, other wise save to a central location on the network and make sure it's list in the options under the printer support paths.

If you use "named page setups" they should stay with the dwg, however you need to be pathed to the correct pc3 files.

Named Paged Setups from a Template should be one of the first and main standards in any office IMHO, to back Murph. This would solve a lot of current issues as well as future issues.

I don't let users create .pc3 files. I've created any and all page setups required. Printing goes a LOT faster and easier with less headaches from people constantly changing .pc3 files to their needs. The printers' names don't change, and the paper is always auto-detect. Everything is seamless as long as the user trusts my setups.

Page Setups should be created in a template. Also what helps for those jobs created before the Page Setups were, is a lisp to delete current setups and import the new setups from the template file.

Having efficient setups, and the lisp for the older jobs, has made all of my draftsmen very happy in the plotting aspect.

Here's my lisp, kinda slapped together, but it does the job just fine.

(defun c:psimport (/ *expert* *files* *setups*)
(vl-load-com)

(setq *expert* (getvar "EXPERT"))
(setq *files* (vla-get-files(vla-get-preferences(vlax-get-acad-object))))
(setq *setups* <<path to template file .dwt>>)

(vla-put-PrinterConfigPath *files* <<path to PC3 folder>>)
(vlax-for pc (vla-get-plotconfigurations (vla-get-ActiveDocument (vlax-get-acad-object))) (vla-delete pc))

(setvar "EXPERT" 2)
(command ".-psetupin" *setups* "*")
(setvar "EXPERT" *expert*)
(prompt "\n**DEFAULT PAGE SETUPS LOADED SUCCESSFULLY**")
(princ)
)