regen

deano33

How do i disable regen and stop autocal lt 2007 regenerating layout and model space when opening drawings. This is a pain when opening and saving large drawings to older versions. Can anybody help?

How do i disable regen and stop autocal lt 2007 regenerating layout and model space when opening drawings. This is a pain when opening and saving large drawings to older versions. Can anybody help?

I don't believe you can stop it from REGENing when opening a drawing.

Have you considered using DWGTrueview to save down drawings in bulk w/o opening them in the editor?

Thanks guys. Used regenmode to reduce regens. Have also used DWGtrueview to automate conversion. lso picked up on increasing line type scale on drawings to speed up. Once again thanks guys.

• 3 months later...

guys, I just come across this thread. I am using Autocad 2012 and am having some issues with regen. Is there a system variable that controls the regen of each drawing when switching between open drawings. The regenmode command seems to just work for individual drawings.

I hope that makes since.

Thanks,

2.8GHz processor

4 GB of RAM

200 KB file size.

This is a new machine that I am using. Ever since I got it up and going I have had this problem.