Problems with xrefs

RobRodek

Hi there. I am doing Architectural work. I am developing floor plans of a huge hotel. After that is complete, I am importing the floor plan as an xref into different drawings.......Reflected ceiling plan, electrical plan, plumbing plan, etc. When I am working on the reflected ceiling plan, I do not need certain layers of the xref turned on...and the same for the other plans. The layers for each plan differ...I cannot figure out how to turn certain layers on and off so that they stay off even after the drawing is saved. Right now I have to manually turn the layers off each time I pull up each drawing. Is there a way that I can just set it up to do it for each drawing ONCE and have it set that way? Please help. This is driving me crazy....

- Rob -

First thing that comes to mind is the VISRETAIN variable. Type VISRETAIN into the command line and if it's a 0 then this is your problem. Make sure it's set to 1. Try that first and if that isn't it, post back up.

Here is some info regarding VISRETAIN:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/search#WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-4e05.htm