How can I always ensure my linetypes show the same in model and paperspace?

Vidur

Hi there,

I've been using AutoCAD for a while now, started with 2011 and now I'm using 2012.

However, the one issue I've never been able to resolve is how to get my linetypes to show in model space properly, and then how to get them to show the same way in paperspace.

I know it has something to do with, at least, LTSCALE and PSLTSCALE. I've never know the 'formula' to make those work - it takes a lot of trial and error before they work together. Is there a trick to just making all of this work, without changing scales and regenerating countless times? Thanks,

EDIT: I should add something. The current drawing I'm working with; I'm drawing in 1:1, with my viewports set to 1:100. My LTSCALE is 500, and my PSLTSCALE is set to 0. That seems to make things 'work' but, I can't figure out how to always just make these values work. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Also, I should add I've checked the forums for a 'magic' answer and, there doesn't seem to be one. Is this the way it really is? I thought AutoCAD would be a little more intuitive than just 'trial and error until it works'.

Welcome to CADTutor!

I draw 1:1 in ModelSpace, and set the LTSCALE as the scale to which my PaperSpace Viewport(s) will be zoomed to. PSLTSCALE = 0.

Hope this helps!