LISP to break all connecting lines [Request]

Organic

I was using the lisp found at http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?38582-Splitting-Line&p=256805&viewfull=1#post256805 and it works great for breaking lines that cross each other.

However I would also like to break lines that intersect/join with each other.

I.e.

| | |

----- (where ----- is a single line and I want to break it into 3 lines)

i.e. like the letter E, where lines are joined perpendicular to another line, although do not actually cross it (although do intersect it). Is there a lisp around already for this (tried searching although the ones I found didn't do this) or is anyone up to making one?

Can't quite understand the purpose of such a routine but if one was developed are we to assume that the drawing will always consist entirely of lines? No polylines that would have to be exploded first?

If you don't mind me asking what purpose does the gap serve and how small/large of a gap would be required between the lines? Is this going to a constant or will the user have control over it?

No, there is no gap (0). All I mean is the following:

I have 4 lines here (_ _ is one continuous line). I simply want to break that 1 continous vertical line into two lines wherever another line joins it (snapped to it).

|_|_|

Oops. Sorry, my mistake.

Again, using your example shown above ( |_|_| ), the routine would have to know what side(s) to create the break(s) on? The breaks could occur on horizontal and/or vertical lines depending on the geometry right?

Doesn't the BreakObject variation in the lisp you linked to already do that?

Not as far as I can tell. When I try that one it gives the error "Error - point not on object" (when the lines are certainly connected/snapped).

I get what you describe when I use the BreakAll option, you have to select all the lines at once though.

Sorry if you have already tried all the options in there, just that when I read your question, it sounds me like exactly what I use it for several times a week...

There is newer version of BrakeObjects2.1.lsp ... Look here...

I think that it will do just what you wanted... Check c:BreakWithTouching defined within new version...

M.R.

:)

There is newer version of BrakeObjects2.1.lsp ... Look here...

I think that it will do just what you wanted... Check c:BreakWithTouching defined within new version...

M.R.

:)

Thanks, that updated version works exactly as I needed!

• 2 months later...
Can't quite understand the purpose of such a routine but if one was developed are we to assume that the drawing will always consist entirely of lines? No polylines that would have to be exploded first?

ArcGIS requires this sort of data to create boundaries. The vertices have to be perfect without any gaps in order for it to create boundaries.

• 2 years later...