Fillmode

ScribbleJ

So I rarely ask for help here but when I they usually have a bit more meat to them. This one however seems to fit the 'Beginners' thread. I have been a bit perplexed by this for some time now but never really got around to digging deeper into it other than to say to myself 'Hmm I wonder why it does that.'

So all of that being said, onto the question.

Even though fillmode is set to 1, I have noticed solids (used for arrowheads;(I'm guessing this was a leader that has been exploded)), or even arrowheads that have an outline but they are hollow.

Why would they display hollow with fillmode set to 1?

This seems so rudimentary but it seems to be out of my grasp to come up with an explanation. :oops:

I should also mention that other leaders/arrowheads in dimensions are displaying as filled shapes.

If some arrowheads are filled while others are not, then Fillmode is probably not the reason. Have you checked the style(s) of the offending leaders/dimensions to see what type of arrowhead is defined for them? If the style is okay, has the arrowhead type been overridden for some of them and not others?

What I have determined since I posted this is that the offending arrowheads are indeed dimensions/leaders that have been exploded. I tested this by using dim style for that sheet. I placed a leader and exploded it and the result was the arrowhead going to an outline. When I select the outline; properties states that it is a solid (as it should be).

In this drawing these are the only ones that are causing the problem but I have had other drawings in the past where the dimensions were showing as hollow arrowheads, but, it was a case where every one of them were hollow and not just random ones. I recall checking fillmode then and it was set to 1.

At the time I determined (however, not conclusively) that the drawing may have had some minor corruption. I tend to purge and audit files that are acting oddly but I don't remember what the outcome was in that situation.

So I guess this one can possibly be chalked up to an anomaly or sorts.

CyberAngel, I check this style and it was using 'closed filled' arrowheads. As mentioned above the arrowheads were ones that have been exploded.

StykFacE, I was going to check what visual style that was used in that file but at this point I can't even recall the file I was in when I noticed this. So I can't answer your question at the moment. I have had so many different files opens between several different projects lately it is hard to keep track of it all. I'm going to assume that it was using whatever is the default for AutoCad.