invisible to snap blocks

anishtain4

Set the system variable GRIPBLOCKS to 0 so that only the Block Insertion is visible, set it to 1 for all grips in the block to be visible.

You are right I meant insertion point, but what I want is that when you want to create line and snap is on, it jumps only to the insertion point of your object, not ever corner and else

If you have your osnaps turned on, enter INS at the commandline, you will be prompted to specify the object you want>enter, done. Or you could just set your osnap settings as shown in the attachment. Perhaps Eldon's solution is more succinct.

snap to insertion point.JPG

You are right I meant insertion point, but what I want is that when you want to create line and snap is on, it jumps only to the insertion point of your object, not ever corner and else

It will do this if you have multiple snaps, including the Insert, activated. In this case, turn on only those snaps that you need, or cycle through the snaps until you get the one that you want :D

thanks dadgad, I think adding a point and then turning the snap to nodes is the best, but GRIPBLOCKS does not do what I want, It is default to zero and it means if you want to move a block after selecting that

but GRIPBLOCKS does not do what I want, It is default to zero and it means if you want to move a block after selecting that

GRIPBLOCK does not disable the Insert snap point, it merely adds grips to the block's entities, so you can still move the block.

It was rather hard to find out exactly what you were wanting to do, and it seemed, at the time, to be perhaps a fruitful line of exploration.