refedit display as u do the editing?

i m designing a jali that has one panel and rest other mirrored of that particular module, but when i do reference editing of one module, other disappear since i'm editing one block. when i exit the refedit command thos blocks appear again. is there any trick to enable view of all the similar blocks while i do refediting of one block?

Q3Tbp.jpg

this is what happens the rest other disappear

AiYLf.jpg

I would suggest that you not make it a block until you have it how you want it. In that way you can just mirror it on both your x and y axis, and make some adjustments, and delete your previous reflections and remirror your new one. I don't believe that you will have any luck viewing the duplicate blocks while you are in the blockeditor. Or maybe you should just WBLOCK the whole group of them together, then they will all show up in the blockeditor, although changes made will not be applied in unison.

• 5 months later...

Hi

I would also like to know if it is possible to prevent other instances of a block being hidden while in refedit. I would be very surprised if it's not possible!

Hi

I would also like to know if it is possible to prevent other instances of a block being hidden while in refedit. I would be very surprised if it's not possible!

I don't believe that you will be able to do that.

I certainly could be wrong, but I doubt it. :)

I use refedit quite a bit and I think there is a setting that allows you to only SHADE the objects not being edited. Maybe this setting is set to black (since you have a black background)? If I can find/remember the command, I'll update you.

Hi Squirltech. Thanks for that.

The rest of the drawing does not become hidden when I do a refedit, other instances of the same block (copies) become hidden. I'm not sure why that should be unless one specifically wanted to hide the other blocks.

I tried changing my background to white and I have found where one controls the shading of the rest of the drawing, but that hasn't done it.

Cheers

I use refedit quite a bit and I think there is a setting that allows you to only SHADE the objects not being edited. Maybe this setting is set to black (since you have a black background)? If I can find/remember the command, I'll update you.

I'm guessing you might be talking about this one?

But I don't believe this will do what zandala (welcome to the forum, by the way :) ) is looking for.

XREF FADE INTENSITY.jpg

Maybe this will help. When you enter refedit, it's like checking out the block definition. It is not a live edit of the block. The drawing is waiting for the new definition so it can be applied to the block. A lot of things in AutoCAD, like the layer manager and MText, used to be like this. You could make a ton of changes but they wouldn't be shown in the drawing until you exited to dialog box. Maybe refedit will catch up with a future release but for now, I think you will just have to deal with it.