CUI file question

addesigns

I created two different cui files, named them and saved them. In the CUI window I pulled down one of the newly created cui files (in the Customize tab), created commands and saved it. Then I repeated this process with the second created CUI file. This worked last all of last week and today when I try to load them, the new pulldown menus are not showing up. Am I missing a step? Does workspaces have anything to do with this. I have been able to load and unload and it has not been telling me anything is wrong.

How are you "creating" a new CUIx file? Are you using the Transfer tab in the CUI Editor, Saving, then loading it as a Partial in the Customize tab? This is the proper procedure when you're creating CUIx files (in my opinion anyways).

I created it with the Transfer tab. Do I need to add a workspace to the CUI I am creating so that when I am in that workspace the pulldown menus will show up?

Workspaces are only available in the main CUIx file that is loaded. If you load any CUIx file as a Partial, you'll notice that you have access to everything the Main CUIx file has, except Workspaces. The way you handle this is by using the Transfer tab to "import" your Workspaces from your newly created CUIx files. Having said that, the procedure you'll want to use is to go ahead and make your Workspaces as you want them in the Main CUIx file, then use the Transfer tab to "copy" them to your newly created CUIx files. This will do nothing for you directly, as you already have the Workspaces in the Main CUIx file, but the benefit is when you upgrade or go from one workstation to another, then your Workspaces will always be with you in these CUIx files.

Hope this makes sense... lol :oops:

I figured it out, I went to workspace and saw that there were a bunch of UNRECONCILED files that were in the menu and this was not letting the partial pulldown menus show even thought everything loaded just fine. Thank for your help though StykFace.