Dynamic block - help needed! unity!

griever

Howdy all,

First post here.

I'm having trouble getting a set of parameters to work together in this block i have created.

File attached for reference

Block 1 (EXTENT_OF_WORKS) and Block 2 (EXTENT_STRETCHED) are attached to file.

As is on both blocks i need a central insertion point/base point.

Block 1 has two rotate commands. The inner rotate command is to align the block so that it is perpendicular on a straight line of a route. The outer is to align perpendicularly in the case where the centre point of the block falls on an arc segment of a route.

Block 1 has also got a flip command.. to flip.

As is block 1 works well. but i also need a stretch command that can extend both ends of the block, away from the centre, at the same time. See block 2.

I have tried to complete this block in multiple ways to no avail.

Any input or advice appreciated.;)

EXTENTOFWORKSREV1.dwg

Have you tried using Polar stretch? i don't think you can change the base point to midpoint using polar though so you couldn't get both to move at the same time.... but individually should be ok.

You can have 1 polar stretch on each side. Have on of them with no grips, the one with the grip can scale the other one. As you move the one with the grip, the 2nd one will in turn grow, and stretch the other side.