Plotting with Transparency problems !!!!!!!

hey there peeps,

Im currently plotting a site plan with different zones highlighted in a solid hatch. Each zone has a different colour and all zones are slightly transparent so i can see the site plan underneath.

The problem is that when transparency box is ticked , the site plan becomes more faded.

Is there a way where I can use the transparency tool but keep the original line weights of the site plan.

dan

If the drawing is not too complicated, you may play with the draw order of all the entities and make sure that all your hatches are set to back all the time. This would keep the line-work on the top. No need to apply any transparency at all.

On the other hand, if your drawing is pre-rendered with some hatches, you may add transparency to your new "Zone Hatches", but just as you have mentioned, this would fade the line-work. As far as I know, there is no solution for it.

However, there is a workaround! You can toggle the Merge Control setting of your plotter and see if that helps. Here you go:

Plotter Configuration Editor > Graphics > Merge Control > Lines Merge

hatch_transparency.png

The first image shows a yellow solid hatch with no transparency. The second one has some transparency applied via its properties flag. Note the faded line-work. The third image corrects this by "multiplying" (merging) colors that superimpose while plotting.

This is what I believe you are trying to achieve. :geek:

Edited by fahim108

Good tip there fahim108 am still on 2010 myself but i am so looking forwards to playing with transparency at long last, cannot belive its taken Autodesk so long to put this in!