Trouble with Line Type

Hello: I have a line type that needs to diplay a total of 6 of the letters "LED" for each foot.

Because they need to display 6 per ft, I figure the spacing between should be 12/6=2

In addition, it's important that the line begins with "LED"

Here's my line type code I'm using:

*LED_6 PER FOOT, LED_6 PER FOOT
A,0,["LED",STANDARD,S=.4689,R=0,X=-.625,Y=-.2314],-2

When I do it this way, I end up with 7 "LED"s displaying. (see pics).

In the 2nd pic, I selected the linetype for you to see where it begins and ends.

thanks for your help,

Proctor

I'm uncertain what I'm doing wrong....

LineType 6 per ft1.JPG

LineType 6 per ft.JPG

I'm uncertain what I'm doing wrong....

I am afraid that you are trying to get AutoCAD to do what it was never designed to do.

If you draw a line in your linetype 13½" long, can you see that the letters do not now start where you want them to start. They are shifted along from the start point.

Your pictures are a special case where you have drawn a line of length an exact multiple of 2". The letters start 0.625 before the start point, because in the linetype definition, X=-0.625. If you make this to be X=0, and draw your line 10" long, the line will show 6 "LED"s.

If you want the last "LED" to be placed, so that the last D is on the mark, then you will have to adjust the spacing so that it suits a 12" line. For other length lines, you will have to make separate linetypes with the spacing adjusted to suit the overall length. And with different fonts, the X,Y offsets will be different.

You must first understand how AutoCAD works, then try and devise something to confound it :D