Global Width by Layer.

Is it possible to assign a global width to polylines by layer?

I have made changes to one dwg and i now have to apply it to a bazillion more DWG's. But the chnages apply only to a few layers. So i was wondering if i can set the global width to these polylines by layer somehow to save me from doing it "manually"

Or if there is a better way i'd be up for suggestions.

???

Are you using color table based (CTB files) or Style (STB files) based layers?

Either way you can get the desired results you are looking for. Make sure all your polylines are set to a global width of zero otherwise you will not see any difference. Polyline global widths override your color (CTB) or widths (STB) set by layers.

If using CTB files just choose a color that is a heavy line weight. If using STB then choose a Line Weight in the layer manager in that column.

Isolate the layer. Open the propeties box. Select everything. (Not necessarily in that order.) From the drop down list in the properties box, select polylines then assign the desired global width. Unisolate.