Printing impossible - crash

aa-ar

Hello

Since installing a new antivirus (Bitdefender passage from 2010 to 2012), I'm unable to print from AutoCAD LT 2008. Upon clicking on the icon of printing, the program is not responding. Even after uninstalling the antivirus, the problem subsisite. Do you have any explanation that could help me?

Thanks

Mo

We operate in a network with 3 LT 2007 licenses and 1 license in LT 2008.

The other three workstation suffer from an overall slowdown and a great slowdown when printing on AutoCad or Office (a few minutes before printing).

Other problems have also occurred but were resolved by settling some parameters as shown by the technical department of Bitdefender

(impossible to print on some network printers, impossible to use some applications like Acrobat Reader,... ).

Only my workstation in LT 2008 crash when trying to print. The last attempt on my part, was to uninstall Bitdefender, but without success. As a last resort I plan to reinstall AutoCad. But given the difficulties to obtain new installation codes, I haven't yet done.

You're on a network so I imagine the IT department would not let you uninstall BitDefender but they might be able to temporarily disable it for you so you could do some testing. Had a similar problem at our company where I had to have McAfee disabled.

Should you uninstall AutoCAD LT 2008 and then reinstall obviously you know you need to provide a serial number and product key. Activation is over the Internet. AutoDesk may activate your program with no problem. If it doesn't then there are ways to obtain the necessary codes since I get the feeling your company is using legitimate (i.e. - legal) software.

We have of course legal software but reinstalling never goes like that should go, that's why I avoid to make it as often as possible.

Do you think reinstalling AutoCAD is the best (only) solution?