Trouble with importing images over a VPN

sarahholland

Hello it's been a while since I've visited this site. so pleased to see it's still going strong.

Can anyone help me with speeding up the process of working from home but importing pictures from the server at work.

I've been bringing the pictures in as raster images from the work Network rather than saving the pictures to my C:drive as I don't want them to disappear, losing the link when others access the drawing from work.

When I do this everything slows down....

...Even saving the drawing back to the Network can take in excess of 40mins...

Is it possible on AutoCAD LT to embed the images but not make the drawing to big to work with?

Thanks for your help.

Sarah

When I worked via VPN, I would copy all the files, XREFs, images, base to my local drive making sure to mark the base file with a warning that said I had the file and any changes made while I had it would be lost or just moved it to a checked out folder. I would then disconnect from the VPN. All the files would be put into the same folder on my local drive and AutoCAD automagically finds all the references without repathing them.