Text Can't grab It

lulumara

I'm using AutoCad 2005 at work , my problems is when I do text sometimes the text cannot be grab looks like stuck or embedded in drawing of what I'm doing? It happens many times on me. i usually do REGEN ALL - it will be gone or I can grab it , but now I have 6 text I cannot even grab? I even closed the program totally but when I open the drawings still I can't grab it? Any solution I can ask for, thanks in advanced?

They not lock seems that it happen all the time on me. I can grab other text as the same layers as the other text .

I cannot send the files it's company cad file. There's no defpoint layer that i use to. I do use snap setting, Yap there's a lot of object around. Maybe It's a bug for version 2005 which is a head ache for me every time I use it.

I used AutoCAD 2005 for 5 years, I don't recall any problems with text similar to yours.

You don't need to send the whole drawing, just a small portion containing one of the text objects. Save your drawing as a different file name, then delete everything but a few lines and one of the problem texts. Next, use PURGE to remove any company blocks that may still be stored in the drawing. If the text still behaves badly, upload that drawing here.

I used arial as my text. I not sure about updating the AutoCad 2005 there's no updating button, I did check it nada. Looks like it's not been updated.

It puzzles me that people will not check for updates and/or hotfixes when it is so easy to do.

Start here...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240618#section8

Create a RESTORE point before loading any new software. That should go without saying but too many people forget this most basic step.

Post a portion of the drawing with the offending text. It does not have to be the whole drawing. No one here is interested in stealing your work we're here to help get your problem solved.

I used arial as my text. I not sure about updating the AutoCad 2005 there's no updating button, I did check it nada. Looks like it's not been updated.

Switch fonts or set the lineweight for the text layer to 0, this was a reported problem/bug with Arial font (maybe all TTF) and lineweights in AutoCAD 2005/2006.

As linked by ReMark, try updating, maybe they eventually fixed it.

We have had this issue with AutoCAD 2006 as well. What you have to do it hit Ctrl+A and select everything. Hit the delete key then immediately undo. You should be able to select the text. I'm not sure why this happens, but this is the only way I have found to be able to select the text.

Did you try to force the snap?

Like press shift and right click... choose snap methode.

I had a similar problem when many object were around.

Too many snaps made my CAD flip. Didn't know wich one to choose...

How about the window-selection or cross-selection?

Do they work?