add dimensions modification request

stlo

Yes we did, sorry I never reply back, and no your posts are not a waste of time, it is very useful! I think the problem is that with the field formating at the beginning of the program, (setq fieldformatting "%lu4") ;; Field formating) it shows the result in feet and inches, I've tried to modify the number in field formating and it wasn't a success! I wonder if it is possible to have it like the example drawing (jointed file, modification request) a result that will divided the original type of result ex: 329.0106 by 12 so it would show 27.4175 or 27.42. Thanks!

If you weren't able to modify the field formatting, you should have replied to that thread and said so, not start a new thread and just ignore the other code.

Anyway, change the field formatting code to:

([color=blue]setq[/color] fieldformatting [color=darkred]"%lu6%qf1%ct8[0.08333333333333333]"[/color])

This will use your current units/precision and a conversion factor of 1/12.

For Decimal Units and Precision of 2dp, use:

([color=blue]setq[/color] fieldformatting [color=darkred]"%lu2%pr2%ct8[0.08333333333333333]"[/color])

Thank you very much and sorry again for this new thread! The for one (setq fieldformatting "%lu6%qf1%ct8[0.08333333333333333]") show an example result of 12 5/16 and the second one

(setq fieldformatting "%lu2%pr2%ct8[0.08333333333333333]") show a result of 12.31 and that's perfect, I'll go with that one

Thanks again!

If I have an other question about adding numbers that are in text box (Mtext) it is kind of addfields but with text! Should I start a new thread or go back where we talked about the addfields, just to make sure I do it right this time and I understand that you want this forum to be efficient!!!

Thanks

Stlo

Thank you very much and sorry again for this new thread! The for one (setq fieldformatting "%lu6%qf1%ct8[0.08333333333333333]") show an example result of 12 5/16 and the second one

(setq fieldformatting "%lu2%pr2%ct8[0.08333333333333333]") show a result of 12.31 and that's perfect, I'll go with that one

Thanks again!

You're welcome.

If I have an other question about adding numbers that are in text box (Mtext) it is kind of addfields but with text! Should I start a new thread or go back where we talked about the addfields, just to make sure I do it right this time and I understand that you want this forum to be efficient!!!

My point wasn't so much about the forum being efficient (although that is to be encouraged), but rather that you posed this exact same question in your other thread, which I answered with another program, which you then seemed to ignore.

I then see another thread asking the same question that I'd already invested time in answering, with old code in the attachment. Hence my involvement in the other thread appeared to be for nothing. Do you understand where I'm coming from?

If you have a new topic, then yes, start a new thread.