AutoCad 2010 Beginner Help

I know this is an assignment but this is why we have a retention problem here and why i won't hire students anymore, teach them the importance of due diligence and maybe they'll have a better go of it when they get a job.

its cheaper to work it out on paper than it is in the field, you can assume that that part is stand alone and the coping matters not, but if it mates to another part and you don't get it right you get to refabricate it at your cost, it may be a 2 dollar part but if it halts progress on the project for even an hour it costs you more than the refabrication, it also costs you the time and mony of all those contractors standing around doing nothing ........

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DANIEL

• JD Mather

• nkini

• MSasu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One solution: (1) draw the lines from right side a little longer and draw a circle of R15 in an arbitrary location; (2) move the said circle on the top line using his 4th (bottom) quadrant as base point; (3) move the circle to match the end point of right side line with the intersection of said line and the circle (select Intersection Osnap mode and pick the line, respectively the circle); (4) trim the unwanted parts.

radius15.jpg

Regards,

Mircea

Edited by MSasu
Fixed the picture

it costs you more than the refabrication, it also costs you the time and mony of all those contractors standing around doing nothing ........

So your cost of making incorrect assumption is more than you can accept.

You made the logical decision in your case.

Mircea

If I am making the correct assumption - those blue lines in your image are actually the cursor - not lines that you created.

This might confuse beginners who have the default cursor size.

One solution: (1) draw the lines from right side a little longer and draw a circle of R15 in an arbitrary location; (2) move the said circle on the top line using his 4th (bottom) quadrant as base point; (3) move the circle to match the end point of right side line with the intersection of said line and the circle (select Intersection Osnap mode and pick the line, respectively the circle); (4) trim the unwanted parts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33923[/ATTACH]

Regards,

Mircea

this is how I would have done, but I still would have asked for more dimensions in an attempt to make sure i was getting it right lol

Second proposal: (1) do an offset to the horizontal axis at 35 units (20 + 15); (2) from the end of right side line draw a R15 circle; (3) draw a circle of R15 from the intersection of helper line and circle (blue entities); next just erase those helper lines and trim unwanted parts.

radius16.gif

Regards,

Mircea

If I am making the correct assumption - those blue lines in your image are actually the cursor - not lines that you created.

This might confuse beginners who have the default cursor size.

This is true, is the cursor that I have set to 100% - I will fix the picture. Thank you for notifying this.

Regards,

Mircea

in the real world, here in my office, we would mark it up, stamp it revise and resubmitt and send it back.

I would send it back and advise you the winning bid is no longer yours. Tell the boss you lost $1,000,000.

There are NO ASSUMPTIONS in the drawing, all information is there. Would you drill or bore the holes all the way or halfway through the material? I see nothing indicating thru holes. I also KNOW the other side is 15 radius without it being indicated.

I would send it back and advise you the winning bid is no longer yours. Tell the boss you lost $1,000,000.

you have what i do for a living backwards ...... it's my boss that tells people they lost a million dollars.

I apologize if i came off to arguementative yesterday, I do understand that assuptions have to be made alot of times, i have to make them almost every day, which is probably why i hate them lol, I'm not always the best communicator, especially when frustrated, and no the frustration was not from here. I was really only trying to express that if you can ask someone what the dimensions are then that is a better option than an assumption.

Second proposal: (1) do an offset to the horizontal axis at 35 units (20 + 15); (2) from the end of right side line draw a R15 circle; (3) draw a circle of R15 from the intersection of helper line and circle (blue entities); next just erase those helper lines and trim unwanted parts.

Regards,

Mircea

I solved the problem in this way. I think this is the best solution.