Missing "visible" block attribute

I just started working with Acad 2012 on 3/26/12 and opened a drawing from 2009. When I started working on the drawing the attribute was visible. It remained visible until yesterday afternoon. When I use the block editor and open the block it shows the attributes.

My question is: How do I get the attribute to show up in my drawing again?

Michael

Can you post the file?

Open in block editor and select the attribute, right-click>Properties and see if something was changed.

You could also use _BATTMAN. Did you try _ATTSYNC?

More information:

I made a new block like one of the blocks that was misbehaving. The new block displayed the size as it should.

I used WBLOCK to make a dwg of the block, then renamed the dwg the same as one of the blocks that was not showing the size.

I then inserted the block (dwg) into the drawing using the browse dropdown and told it to redefine the old block with the same name.

:( The new block (inserted dwg) showed the size, but it did not update the other blocks.

Michael

I gave it a quick look, sorry I found no solution. I will try again when I have some time. I did notice my cursor was dragging when I ran over the problem block, like it would hang for a couple seconds.

Here is what the drawing should look like. I use the WBLOCK command to produce the same section that I posted earlier from the old drawing that I was updating. Everything is working fine in this drawing. I can proceed with the update using the old drawing, but I have a lot of time in the update already so I would like to recover the work I have done.

Cadtutor Block Help Before.dwg

Michael

PS My cursor does not drag when I run over the problem blocks.

Your Layer Code is Frozen.

:oops: I must have picked it by mistake (unknowingly).

Thank you so very much. I am feeling a lot better now.

Michael