autocad mechinical 2012 -fatal error 0x0008 exception at eaab3780h – offset command

monarchcement

I keep getting this error which causes me to lose everthing I just did to a drawing. Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do to fix the problem.

Are you current with any/all updates for Mech 2012?

What were you doing or attempting to do when the error happened?

Is it happening in just this one drawing or any drawing you work on?

Have you done a -Purge and Audit on this drawing?

Yes, double checked and we are current with all updates

Usually using the offset command but not always

Any drawing

I have ran recover

I tried an Internet search as well as a search of the AutoDesk website but could not find any information regarding the error you are seeing.

Have you attempted a REPAIR of Mech 2012?

Yes, we have run a repair. The program has been uninstalled and reinstalled with autocad tech support walking through the process, they think a reinstall in necessary again. I am concerned that everytime there is a problem they think reinstall will fix the issue. Do you know if the autocad files go corrupt all the time that a reinstall if the only solution and it only lasts a few months?

First. A Repair is not the same as an uninstall/reinstall. As a matter of fact I would always attempt a repair prior to even thinking about an uninstall/reinstall.

Second. AutoDesk has a procedure outlined to guide users through the proper method of uninstalling their software to ensure that a clean reinstall goes smoothly.

Do AutoCAD files go corrupt all the time? My experience says the answer to that question is "No". I currently have five different versions of AutoCAD on my home computer (2004, 2007, 2010, 2011 and 2013) and have never done a repair let alone an uninstall/reinstall. I've only had one occasion that I can recall over the past several years, on my work computer, where I had to do a repair. Your experience is unusual to say the least.

Are you experiencing problems with any other programs currently running on your computer other than AutoCAD?

We did a complete reinstall with the Autocad support directing each step a couple of months ago because of another issue that the autocad tech support would not touch until they walked us through uninstall and reinstall to their satisfaction, and the reinstall did not fix the problem, but we were able to fix the problem after 6 hours of troubleshooting. When the fatal error problem occured Autocad tech support had us do a repair following their instructions, the repair did not fix the problem. Now they want us to do another total uninstall and another reinstall.

I am the company tech, the user has a new workstation with windows 7x64, with graphic card, memory, etc above the required autocad recommendations, the only other major program the user runs is office 2010, adobe reader, flash player, etc.

Is AntiVirus turned off while installing and/or running a repair? Does the user or IT run any Registry Editors? Are you installing from a disk or download from Autodesk site?