mep 2011 - vertical conduit bends

Ravenstown

either use the "conduitfittingadd" command (conduit fitting on the home tab of the ribbon) or work it from both sides and force acad to do the math. when you use the conduitfittingadd you will need to utilize your properties box to customize it to the degrees desired, but that part is pretty self ewxplanitory

This doesn't work in the direction that I need (vertical). Do I need to be in a 3D view or change the UCS? I can create a straight vertical section of conduit from the overhead plan view but can not make it do anything else vertically. For example.... I need to create a conduit coming out of the top of a panel, kick over about 12" before it adds a 90 degree elbow to go horizontal. How do I do that?

draw your vertical pipe, then your horizontal piece, and extend them both so the ends to be connected are even, then pull your vertical back down 2 feet or so. using the plus symbol grip on you horizontal piece, and make a 90 straight down. then select your 90, and find the rotate grip (it looks like a diamond)and point it at the end of your vertical. once your 90 is pointed toward the vertical add from the 90 to the vertical. it will prompt asking if you want to make a custom part say yes. and it should appear. let me know how it goes or if u need clarification.

From the overhead plan view I do not see the diamond (rotate) when selecting the elbow but I do see it when in a 3D view, although it only allows me to rotate in increments of 90 degrees. From there trying to add from the 90 to the vertical does not offer a custom part.

This is where I use the EditInSection tool. It gives you a quick elevation view of whatever you select (in isolation, at that), and re-aligns the UCS so you can perform these tasks with ease.

See if this helps you any.

After creating a section view and then selecting the "Edit in Section" function, it does not allow me select only one object to edit... Once I select anything the entire section is activated like it's a block entity. Am I missing a step?

if you take ortho off (F8) you can go in any incrament. and use the electrical connector osnap to point it to, then add onto your pipe

Thought I posted my reply but do not see it, so in case anyone else has this issue.... Access the "Edit in Section" function by just right clicking anywhere in the plan (you do not need to creat a section first, as I said earlier.. it doesn't work). From there you select your object and view parameters and can create your vertical bends from there. Works great now much easier... Thanks for the help.