Cannot get render to begin

chmiller8

For some reason revit will not start rendering. When I begin the rendering on a 3d view (1mb, draft setting) It thinks about it for about 30 minutes and then tells me I need more memory. What am I doing wrong. I feel like I have tried everything. I have removed things from the view. I have made sure there are no links to the drawing. I am utterly lost, and am beginning to worry if I will get these done by my presentation on friday. Any help will be appreciated.

Best,

C

When I open up one of the tutorial files that come with Revit, I can render a relatively large high quality image in 5 minutes. I don't think it has to do with the settings of revit, but more so with my file.

It thinks about it for about 30 minutes and then tells me I need more memory.

I'd stick more memory in it first. I'm sure a stick of memory costs less than the time you're putting into trying to work around it.

I'd stick more memory in it first. I'm sure a stick of memory costs less than the time you're putting into trying to work around it.

I have the most recent macbook pro with 8gig of memory. I am running revit on windows with VMWare. I have dedicated 4 cores to Windows and 5 gig of memory.

When I render other sample projects that come with rev it for the tutorial, they work fine. Could it be a glitch or something with my file?

Ooh....Mac....I change my original answer to "Get a different computer."

1. I hate Mac and refuse to use it.

2. I thought I read that Revit doesn't like Mac either?

If not those two, I have no idea.

Yeah, thats probably true, however when I open the file on a PC with 8gig memory, it does the same thing...