MEP 2011 - modifying panel / equipment sizes

Ravenstown

when using the equipment and panel functions of the build tab is it possible to modify the physical size of the equipment or panel to the actual dimensions, or are we stuck with the default size the software provides?

We have Revit but no one we are working with uses it. Since we are electrical and follow the mechanical lead, they typically set everything up with their autocad / cad pipe environment. Also none of the electrical manufacturers seem to have jumped on the bandwagon in regard to providing models of their equipment like the mechanical world. Typically our models are nothing but boxes (for all the panels and larger gear), conduit and cabletray.

Also none of the electrical manufacturers seem to have jumped on the bandwagon in regard to providing models of their equipment like the mechanical world. Typically our models are nothing but boxes (for all the panels and larger gear), conduit and cabletray.
I can vouch that even in the mechanical world, the manufacturers don't supply us with great Families all the time. Even big shot manufacturers like Trane have DWG imports. Ugh... just kills me. So I always create my own Equipment Families but you are correct, electrical is just boxes mainly so it's pretty easy. Like, 10 seconds or less easy per equipment, haha. :)