Defining wblock insertion point

cragerous

Can someone tell me if there is a variable that fixes this annoying problem! In previous CAD versions whenever i created a block and defined the insertion point. the block would insert where I defined it. However now whenever i insert a block I've defined it inserts from the 0,0,0 point inside the block which renders the defined insertion point useless. I don't want to have to keep opening up the blocks i create and using the insbase command to reset the insertion point it defeats the purpose of defining the block in the first place. Its also a nuisance moving the block from your defined point to 0,0,0 before wblocking it so it inserts correctly.

Has anyone else had this problem and is it fixable:ouch:

There is nothing wrong with my install. Seems Autodesk have added another feature that needs to be set back to default.

Edited by cragerous

When you use wblock command for an existing block from list AutoCAD saves exploded and placed in 0,0 (World UCS) wherever the insertion point (IP) was in the block geometry in new file i.e. if IP was a center of a circle the circle is placed in a new file exactly with the center in 0,0 point of World UCS.

When you use wblock for objects by picking them from a drawing, that could be an existing block as well, AutoCAD placed objects (block is still a block, not exploded) in a new file keeping their orginal position according to 0,0 point in the drawing from which you use wblock.

To be honest I do not understand your problem. Can you explain it once again?

I have run into this before...I have had to reselect the insertion point 2-3 times while creating the wblock (from the wblock create window). You may try paying particular attention to the order in which you are creating the block...when creating the wblock, run the command (click the icon), then select the objects, then select the insertion point, then apply. And see if you can catch acad resetting the insertion point.

Hope this helps.