Offsets

igones

Hi, it's my first thread and I'm from brazil, so please try to understand my English! :oops:

My doubt is:

Ex) Do 3 offsets: .2; .7; .9

Is there any shortcut to do the offsets without 'esc'.

I'm doing like: o / .2 / select object / done / Esc / o / .7 / select object / done /...

Thanks!

Hi, it's my first thread and I'm from brazil, so please try to understand my English! :oops:

My doubt is:

I'm doing like: o / .2 / select object / done / Esc / o / .7 / select object / done /...

Thanks!

De uma maneira beeeeeeem simples...

(defun c:of279 ()                              ;;         Define o nome do seu novo comando 'of279'
 (command "OFFSET" "0.2" pause pause "Exit")  ;; \       Executa 3 vezes o comando 'OFFSET' com 3 distâncias diferentes
 (command "OFFSET" "0.7" pause pause "Exit")  ;;  +----  'PAUSE' significa pausar a lisp e aguardar o usuario clicar em algo
 (command "OFFSET" "0.9" pause pause "Exit")  ;; /       no seu caso em um objeto e depois no lado do offset
                                              ;;        'Exit' Sai o command OFFSET para começar o outro
)

Aprenda AutoLISP em português, leia mais em: http://www.fec.unicamp.br/~regina/alisp0.html é simples!

[]s

Maybe a short macro...

^C^C_offset;.2;\\;;.7;\\;;.9;\\;

PS. Apologies SLW210 :oops:

Edited by Blackfish
wrong coding

My doubt is:

Thanks!

You can save a little effort by using the spacebar rather than reaching up for escape.

So you would type

0 (start offset command)

.2 (pick object and direction)

spacebar (this ends the offset command)

spacebar (this starts offset)

.7 (pick object and direction)

spacebar (this ends the offset command)

If you want to try and save a little more time then use the MULTIPLE command

MUltiple

O (offset)

.2 ( pick object and direction)

spacebar

.7 ( pick object and direction)

spacebar

1.1 ( pick object and direction)

escape

My doubt is:

Thanks!

Hello Igones, and also to he with strings that have no "E":P, but just to get through a simple class exersize we probably don't need a lisp program, do we? If it were me, the grade's would be back before I could get the code to work.:lol:

this is a class lesson, right?

I am with Rkent except The offset command should still be active after the first one is done, you don't even need the spacebar.

type O, select object, type distance, enter, select direction, enter... Then the offset object appears.

Now, it WILL be asking you to select the next object to offset. If you don't have to type in a new distance, it will simply repeat the prior distance for you.

Now, if this is not just a class lesson, and you have to do this sort of stuff all day long, then by all means get the programming code running.

Watch the command line closer, stretch your command line window up to at least three lines high so you can see what's happening down there, or turn on dynamic input and tooltips so you can see the prompts at the cursor location.