Exporting and Importing Tool Palette Groups

LaneClare

I have a handful of palettes that are divided into groups. I need to share these with other people.

At first, I exported the main palette group, with its subgroups, into an xpg file. Of course, I didn't yet know that it didn't retain the palettes at that time.

Then I exported the palettes themselves (maybe 20 in all).

My understanding is that if I import the palettes manually, then import the palette group, the palette group will be populated automatically. That isn't happening.

What is happening: The palette groups are there, and the palettes are there (in the palette list, and they automatically added themselves into the (old) current palette group. If I set the current group as the imported palette group, it adds the imported palettes to that group, but not into the sub groups.

With all of that said, is there a way to import multiple palettes at one time, via lisp or something else that I don't know about. Is there a way to have those palettes appear in their appropriate places on the palette group?

From what I've read about the problem, the palette group is stored in a customization file, and that's why it isn't transferring the palettes into the group. I'm not sure if this is true, or if I misread something, hence my questions to the group.

For full disclosure, I'll likely be posting this over at the AutoDesk forum as well, for more views. When/If I find an answer, I'll post it on the other forum so that people can access the answer if they have the same problem.

Any help is truly appreciated! Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a Tool Palette nut, and I've never gotten this to work correctly. I've figured out some serious networking and sharing techniques with Tool Palettes but that's the one and only thing I still cannot figure out. I don't know if there's really an option to do it from an "admin level" standpoint. I think it's really an "end user" only method. Of course, a programmer could figure something out but I'm talking merely out of the box solutions.