Finding middle point in this case?

igones

You can use the M2P command modifier; will be asked to indicate two points and AutoCAD will calculate the middle location between them.

Hmm, nice!

What can i do if i want to do a 30º line from this corner (like in the picture) to the midpoint?

M2P is not a command by itself, as Mircea stated it is a command modifier, meaning that it is used while in the middle of another command.

For instance if you were drawing a line, and had started the LINE command, when asked for the location of either the starting or end point

you could enter M2P , you would then be asked to select the two defining points, after which the midpoint between them would be used as the point entry.

What can i do if i want to do a 30º line from this corner (like in the picture) to the midpoint?

Activate the Ortho mode (F8) and draw a vertical line from that middle to above. Next draw another line at the desired angle - use polar relative coordinates:

@100<30

Last step use TRIM or EXTEND to fix the sloped line; erase the helper entity (said vertical line).

Hmm, nice!

Use the COPY command and M2P to define the location to which you want to copy it.

Oh! Now i understood the command, thanks dadgad.

So that can't be used for what i wanted, yeah? I think it's easier drawing a line in the middle and then erase it.

:)

@Edit: Thanks! Now it's everything Ok! :*

Polar Tracking 30degrees from each side will create tracking intersection without needing to specify the midpoint or trim/erase lines afterward.

Polar Tracking.gif

Polar Tracking 30degrees from each side will create tracking intersection without needing to specify the midpoint or trim/erase lines afterward.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34824[/ATTACH]

Right you are nestly, :thumbsup: I had misread the OPs request, thought he was looking to construct a parallel line to the one he already had, and wasn't keen to get into polar and or parallel snaps, or offset, as he couldn't apply the M2P concept.

You can also while you are in your LINE-command input

Tiger, me too, that is very nice, I never knew that! :beer: