Creating Custom Table

nicolas

Hi,

I am looking for a way to customize the dimensions of Autocad Tables to that I can have custom cell height and width.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Nicolas

Table v1.dwg

Since it's possible to adjust the sizes of cells once you've created the table, I'll assume that you want to define the cell size before you create the table. As far as I know, there's no way to do that with table styles.

There is a great deal which can be formatted and defined when saving or creating a table style, and cell height and width remain fluid throughout, margins can be defined, but not cell sizes. Cell width and height can be controlled through their properties, or by stretching, but I believe that CyberAngel is correct, they are not saved in the table style. :beer:

table options.jpg

Thanks. I am able to change the columns width using the grips following the creation of the table. However there is no grip manipulation to change the row height. I click inside a cell and change the cell height to change the row height. This is no easy manipulation and the table is easily changed if care is not taken.

Thanks. I am able to change the columns width using the grips following the creation of the table. However there is no grip manipulation to change the row height. I click inside a cell and change the cell height to change the row height. This is no easy manipulation and the table is easily changed if care is not taken.

That is absolutely correct. It's almost easier to create a table in Excel and then import it.

I find that using a DATALINK works well for establishing a connection between AutoCAD and an Excel spreadsheet.