Hatching to gradient

We have some VIPs coming to see our new waste treatment facility. I was asked to make a pretty picture for them. So I started to hactch our site plan. Roads with gravel, grass, solid for tanks. They wanted more... So i changed tanks and grass to gradients and that was ok. When I tried to change the roads to a gradient, the tanks and grass became the new gradient and the road diappeared (blank). This is in ACAD 2013. I tried to do it in 2012 and the system crashed. When I restarted ACAD asked to send error message.

The road is outlined in a polyline, as are all other objects beacause I have learned that ACAD can't handle the pick area unless it is a very small area. So I have lots of extra lines that are on defpoints or a separate layer, and hatches on their own layer.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Can't you freeze some layers while working on others to make the job of applying the gradient hatch a little easier?

Hope you enjoyed the long weekend.

It doesn't seem to matter. I can't edit the hatch to change it, I had to erace the hatch and do it over as a gradient.

You would have to create solids of some sort out of your objects, but you could then assign materials to them and render the scene. Unfortunately, it may more time creating the solids and learning to use materials than you want to spend.

I think I have spent as much time as they want me to for this project. Maybe I can get them to allow some training on solids and rendering if they want to have these kind of prints made.

Thanks for the input.