Seeking Reference Mnager Help

David Devitt

I received this direction for maintaining my .jpeg paths the other day (from ReMark, I believe) and have a question; here is the message:

"call Reference Manager tool (will find it in Start --> Programs --> AutoDesk --> AutoCAD 20?? --> Reference Manager), load the drawing(s) containing the images you want to edit their part to relative..."

I have completed all the steps up to this point, here's where I lose my grasp of what to do next:

"... and change the Saved Path entry to "." (dot). The said field should contain the full path now."

Can someone please help me complete the final step of this process? - Thanks!

Yes, that's what I'm hoping to do. Because this file bounces between my office and my client's office fairly regularly, we would like to eliminate the need of having to re-establish the .jpeg's path each time it's received, either here or there. Granted, I could re-insert the jpegs using "relative path" instead of "full path", which I have had success with in the past. I just thought that I would give this "reference manager" approach a try, just to have an extra option to try in the future. Thanks! - Dave P.S. Now that I think of it, I believe Mircea helped me with this issue, initially, last week or the week before.

If the path is set as Absolute, then under said field will see the full path, the same value as under Found Path field. For Relative method, there is stored the relative path or just a dot. So to switch from one mode to another will need to double click on entries under Saved Path field and replace current value (the full path) with a dot if the images are in the same folder with the drawing.

imgref.GIF

After apply the changes open the drawing in AutoCAD and check the path in Properties; should be relative now. Please pay attention to don't affect the entry under Found path field since will lose connection with the image this way.

By the way, maybe was better just to append to original thread instead of starting a new one.