AutoCAD 2012 and Windows 7

rraehal

We are using AutoCAD 2012 on Windows 7 64-bit. We can not yet move to AutoCAD 2013.

A user of mine has an issue. Recently when two documents are open and they get minimized, windows will not let me open them up properly (restore the windows). If I point to AutoCAD in the task bar I do not see the typical preview window. I see a blank window/white preview. If I click on any drawing the computer beeps at me. I have to click the X like I want to close the drawing from the task bar before it will restore the window.

Is there a reason why this might be happening?

Has SP2 for AutoCAD2012 been installed?

The AutoCAD2012 SP2 readme file (English) file says the following issue is supposed to be resolved by applying SP2. If you feel the following issue is the same as what you're experiencing, then SP2 should resolve it.

Service Pack 2

• On a 64bit Operating system with VBA loaded, you may not be able to restore AutoCAD after minimizing it.

AutoCAD Updates and Service Pack downloads

* Before installing updates/SP's, I recommend creating a Windows Restore point

It appears my network deployment is still service pack 1. I did not know about service pack 2 until I read you links.

I will apply SP2 and see what happens. Thank you very much. We do have VBA installed for a furniture CAD Pack that requires it still.