coordinates of a point on a moving mechanism

ady_mech

I am using a personal copy of SW 2006 version

I have a simple mechanism which has a linear rotating link rotating about an axis. Another link is attached to the end of this rotor link via pin joint, and this 2nd link is free to pivot about this pin joint. The angle of the pivoting link with respect to the tangent at its pin joint is called pitch angle. Basically what I want to do is this - I have a table that has a pitch angle value corresponding to certain rotor link angles. I want to be able to input this table somehow, and have the software "animate" the mechanism, and output coordinates of a given point on the linkage for each pair of rotor angle and pitch angle.

I would appreciate help on how to get this data.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on what motion add-ins you have you can add trace points and output a graph/excel file showing the results of your motion. As far as inputting the angles and animating based on that, no i dont think so. You will need to animate the motion. If you simply want to position the mechanism at these different angles and measure your links you can add mates "just for positioning" and measure.