Why don't snapping commands work with polylines?

When I type PL for polyline and then END or MID or PER they don't work, but they do for lines? Any way to change this? When I manually type in any of these snap commands my OSNAP settings turn off. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks-

You are referring to OSnaps and they do work with polylines. I use polylines on a daily basis and my OSnaps work just fine.

I set my OSnaps then forget them.

My test a moment ago using polylines and typing in END, MID or PERP verifies that those particular OSnaps do work.

I seem to remember a problem with plines and linetypes and osnap. If your plines are on a layer with a linetype other than continuous then change it to that and try, or if they are set per object change to continuous and try.

Also, not sure if 2005 had this but if so use the PLINETYPE setting and set to 2, try again.

I created a new layer and assigned it the DASHED linetype. I drew a single polyline across the screen at an angle. Then I drew three more polylines using the END, MID and PERP snaps respectively and it worked as expected. Value of PLINETYPE, which I have never changed, was 2.

I wonder if the OP checked what his was set to?

When I type PL for polyline and then END or MID or PER they don't work, but they do for lines? Any way to change this? When I manually type in any of these snap commands my OSNAP settings turn off. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks-

Also, use CONVERTPOLY command to convert to light weight plines.