Drawing lots around a cul-de-sac using the circle method

I briefly saw someone at work use circles and tangents drawn around a cul-de-sac circle to figure out spacing of lots. The minimum lot depth is not always at the front property line or the rear property line or even somewhere in the middle. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks-

The easiest way would be to ask your colleague!

I would imagine it would be something along the lines of creating a cirlce with the same centre-point as the cul-de-sac at the distance the minimum plot depth is to be measured. It sounds like your colleague then calculated the radius of circle needed to to achieve the plot depth (i.e. if you have a desired arc-length of x, then a circle of radius y would intersect with your original centre at arc-length x) before bringing a line back to your centre-point to establish the plot boundaries.

In AutoCAD it would probably be easier to establish your offset-arc (i.e. where the plot depth is to be measure) and use the MEASURE command!!

dJE

What are the minimum lot requirements for the zone the cul-de-sac is located in? I'm assuming it is a residential zone right?

What is the radius of the cul-de-sac?

Can you post a copy of the drawing or the portion of the drawing you are working on?

Sounds like he used the divide command say a bowl create a pline with first lot as start point then DIVIDE enter frontage distance and use POINT option the nodes will appear at the desired spacing.