How to thaw layer in paper space

rimutaka

Hi,

I am using Autocad LT 2012.

Recently I have problem to see my drawing in paper space although I have checked that all layers in paper space are on/thaw.

Can someone help me?

I suspect that your layer(s) are frozen in some viewports; to check that activate the trouble-maker viewport and open layer's palette - check the layers you are not able to see their content to don't be frozen for that viewport (in VP Freeze column).

The reason they get automatically frozen is that probably you cheeked accidentally the option New VP freeze for that layer - uncheck it to don't repeat the issue later.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Sounds to me like Mircea has made a good assessment. :thumbsup:

Understand that when you are in paperspace and check your dropdown LAYER list, that the settings which show are for your paperspace.

In order to determine whether there are any VIEWPORT FROZEN layers you will need to activate it, by clicking inside of it, twice.

Once activated if you check your LAYER settings again, you should see displayed the layer visibility settings of the VIEWPORT.

If you see any which indicate that they are VPFROZEN, THAW them by clicking on the snowflake icon.

After you have done that and closed the LAYER dialogue dropdown, you should be able to see any entities which were previously on Viewport Frozen layers.

Thank you for prompt reply.

I have thawed all layers in viewports but still can't see my drawing.

FYI, when I am in model space all layers, in layer property manager, are frozen.

That would explain everything.

If your layers in modelspace are frozen there is nothing displayed to be seen in your viewports.

Thaw all of your layers in MODELSPACE too.

Edited by Dadgad

What makes you think that there IS a drawing?

You can see it in MODELSPACE, right?

Can you post the drawing on the forum?

You can make a copy, and delete any sensitive or proprietary information, then post it

using the GO ADVANCED button in the lower right corner of the thread reply dialogue box,

then choose MANAGE ATTACHMENTS to select and post something. :)

It would be much easier to clear up in the first person, than playing 20 questions.

Can't take more than a couple minutes once we can see the drawing.

I can't thaw them. All are in grey colour.

I believe that you are saying that those layers are disabled in list, not that have associated a grey shade color. Is that correct?

In this case, seems that your issue is a missing xref. After open the drawing press F2 to see if there is an unsolved reference or call XREF command and check the list. Fix the problem by correcting the path(s). If you received the drawing from an external source it may be that they forgot to ship the references along; should contact them to fix this.

If you received the drawing from an external source it may be that they forgot to ship the references along; should contact them to fix this.
Also, if they've sent you a ZIP file, chances are that the xref is already included in that (the ZIP is an eTransmit). Extract all files from that ZIP into a folder (DON'T just open the zip in explorer and double click the DWG).