2d Blocks for furniture

hey , i love u guys for helping me before :D

here i have a little problem ..

i need some BLocks that can help me creating floor plans very quickly

i need them to be with unit meter .. i know i can do this on my own but that might take aloot of time and i dont have much of that

thank you guys in advance :)

thanks but i was hoping that i can find 1 cad file that have all that .. because i want to make a simple house and looks like i need to open around 25 cad file and use them .. i wich if i can find one file have all simples ( just one plan "top view" of the furniture ) .. please if u have any that will be a big help :)

i have a technical question tho ... lets say that the file of Blocks is set to Architecture units ... and my drawings are in Meter unit .... how can i fix the Architecture unit to became in meter so i can use it in my project ??

They should be on your computer. Program files/autocad 2013/samples/..... (not the exact path but you get the idea, if you haven't changed the Home location in DC then open it and hit the Home button, drill down to samples, find the one with furniture in it.

I am guessing that while you may dimension in meters that your drawing units may be MILLIMETERS.

All of the drawings containing those blocks are Imperial based, and the blocks themselves appear to be UNITLESS,

which is not a problem, as long as you are sure what size the base units are in your drawing,

so that they can be scaled appropriately when inserted into your drawing.

There are INSERTUNIT settings which control the scaling of different unit configured blocks.

Are you able to post your drawing, maybe a stripped down version of it, take out anything proprietary, so that

someone can check what the units really are? Without the correct information it is hard to move forward.

Or try this. In your drawing, enter -DWGUNITS at the commandline.

The value displayed after you enter that will tell me what dimensional units are used in your drawing database.

Please post the response to that -DWGUNITS query.

Edited by Dadgad

You can find complete drawings with furniture in them over at the CAD Block Exchange Network. Most likely you'll find them in both imperial and metric units.

http://cben.net/

Yes, I know, you want everything to be easy, quick and basically handed to you but that isn't always the way it works. It certainly won't be that way in the real world.

Edited by ReMark

that is what happen when i did that ... when i put the blocks files inside my current file it appeared to be like 1000 bigger ... so i did that command and i kept pressing enter ... both of them got smaller -.-

i did try to scale the block file by -DWGUNITS then copied it to my file (( i usualy just click on meter and keep pressing enter till it go away )) i realized its the same i mean still huge ...

2.jpg

If you want your drawing units to be meters then you should enter 6 at the commandline.

It looks from the screenshot like your drawing units are inches, which is what the number represents.

Your insertions scale should be the same as your drawing scale.

Your wanting the drawing to be METRIC doesn't make it so.

It appears that you have created your Metric drawing on an Imperial template.

When creating a METRIC drawing you should choose a template which ends with iso,

if it does not say iso at the end, then it is an Imperial drawing units data base template.

The information and prompts provided at the commandline are meant to guide, not annoy you,

and every time you press a button you are feeding the software information, good or bad, for better or worse.

Computers aren't smart, they're fast. It is the operator's responsibility to be smart and attentive. :|